Friday, November 9, 2007

The NEW



I think I may have reached the limit of too many chipped, broken or deteriorated items such as teacups with missing handles sitting on the back of my cupboard almost hiding from embarrassment. A care bear mug from the 80s that is broken in half but still in sight, and the more than occasional chipped plates and drinking glasses that I can't seem to repudiate. Stained embroidered pillowcases all smelling of grandma.


Maybe I haven't done enough to embrace my grandmothers favorite pastimes; crocheting, embroidering, sewing to know how-to. This anthropologie throw that is said to have micked the falling snow with its crochet flowers reminds me of an earlier throw of my childhood only it was done in more colors. don't know where it remains....

No comments: